Picking a home healthcare provider for yourself or for your loved ones is a very important decision. There’s no one-size-fits-all, and we work to help our customers and their families find out which company may be right for their needs.
On February 9, 2021, LexisNexis Risk Solutions announced their rankings for the top 10 home healthcare providers in the country, by market share.
2020 Top 10 Home Health Providers
- Kindred Healthcare, Louisville, KY
- Amedisys, Baton Rouge, LA
- LHC Group Inc., Lafayette, LA
- Encompass™ Home Health & Hospice, Dallas, TX
- AccentCare Inc., Dallas TX
- Bayada® Home Health Care, Moorestown, NJ (+1 from 2019 rankings)
- Brookdale Senior Living Solutions, Brentwood, TN (-1 from 2019 rankings)
- Elara Caring, Addison, TX (+1 from 2019 rankings)
- Interim HealthCare® Inc., Sunrise, FL (+1 from 2019 rankings)
- Trinity Health at Home, Livonia, MI (-2 from 2019 rankings)
To create the list, LexisNexis Risk Solutions uses anonymized claims data. According to their reporting, the top 100 home healthcare providers comprise nearly 45% of the national market share. Breaking the data down by state, Louisiana represented 9.62% of the home healthcare provider market share, followed by Texas (7.84%), Kentucky (6.11%), Florida (2.78%), New Jersey (2.39%) and New York (2.19%). No other state accounted for more than 2% of the total market share.
Need help paying for home health care? Download our free whitepaper on the 11 Ways to Pay for Long-Term Care and share it with your family. No cost or obligation!